Ask A Planner online request form

Have questions about zoning or land use in unincorporated Multnomah County? This is the place to start!

Ask A Planner

Please complete the online request form to submit an inquiry. Our current response time is approximately two weeks for general inquiries. If you are in need of a quicker response, appointments (virtual or via phone) are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. If applicable, include an appointment request in the detail of your inquiry, and a member of our administrative staff will follow up with you. If you require an accommodation, please let us know.

Property Information

In order to help you, we'll need to know the address of the property, or another means of identifying it like a tax lot number or an alt account number.


  • Taxlot number/State ID: 1S3E05CA  -00200

  • Alternative Account number (9 digits): R855701770 

  • Property ID number (6 digits) : R123456

A few questions before you begin:

  • Have you looked at our zoning maps? You may be able to find your answer.
  • Is the property in an incorporated city (Fairview, Gresham, Portland, etc.)? Please contact the appropriate city.
  • Do you have questions about on-site sewage disposal (septic systems)? Please contact the Portland Bureau of Development Services(link is external).
  • Do you have questions about building codes? Please contact the Portland (West County) or Gresham (East County) building department.
If you still have questions, the form below is the best place to start. 

Return to the Land Use Planning Page

Contact Information

Property Information
Please identify the property you have questions about. You may use a property address, taxlot number, alternative account number, or property ID number.
Example: 1600 SE 190th Ave, Portland, OR 97233
Example: 1S3E05CA -00200
Example: R855701770 (this is sometimes known as an “R number”)
Example: R123456 (this is sometimes known as the short “R number”)
Common Questions